It’s almost upon us! Have you marked your calendars? Here are some ways to celebrate NFP and bring ethical family planning into the mainstream:
1) Volunteer at a pro-life pregnancy center.
2) Offer to babysit for a couple so they can have a much-needed date night.
3) Bring a hot meal to a new mom and dad.
4) Spend concentrated time with your own family. Game night! Build a fort! Camp in the backyard! The possibilities are endless and the memories will be unforgettable.
5) Look through wedding albums and even baby albums and reflect on the blessings of family life.
6) Donate to a pro-family or pro-NFP organization.
7) Make a baby!
8) Attend (or if you’re a priest, say) Mass and offer it up for NFP families.
9) Read four or five paragraphs of Humanae Vitae every day (you’ll finish in the week — there’s only 31 paragraphs!).
10) Make your favorite treat as a family to celebrate Humanae Vitae’s birthday.
11) Mail a thank-you note to your NFP-only doctor, OB/GYN, midwife, teaching couple or anyone else who has made a difference in your journey. If you have kids, include drawings from them in the envelope!
12) Gather the courage to reach out to that friend about NFP — what’s the worst that could happen?
— Forest (Hempen) Barnette
Marketing and Communications Associate