Become a promoter!
Just as important as teaching young couples the nuts and bolts of NFP is making sure they hear about it in the first place! Creating awareness and appreciation for NFP among clergy, parishioners and the general public is the goal of our promoters. They communicate the benefits of learning NFP with CCL, in a variety of ways, in hopes of drawing more couples to our classes. Both couples and individuals volunteer as promoters.
What do promoters do?
Because one of the most common ways for couples to hear about NFP is through the priest or deacon preparing them for marriage, a main focus of promoting is reaching out to clergy to show them all CCL can do to help couples live happy, life-long marriages.
Beyond clergy outreach, promoters often:
- Publicize upcoming CCL classes
- Support the local team in ways such as preparing announcements, maintaining local websites, updating local parishes and diocese about CCL classes, hospitality and other vital needs
- Staff information booths at local conferences and conventions
- Seek to create an environment in their local community and diocese that is supportive of NFP
- Promote Natural Plan, CCL's new introductory program to Natural Family Planning, to your diocese and parishes.
Promoters who also give public presentations about NFP or share their witness story of how practicing NFP has been beneficial to their marriage and family are called Promoter Presenters. These presentations are often given at pre-cana events, baptism classes, RCIA classes, Knights of Columbus events and young adult groups. Promoter Presenters must complete a short online training program before certification. New! Promoter Presenters can also facilitate the new Natural Plan program in their parish.
- Be a current member of CCL (Not a member yet? (Go to: ccli.org/give)
- Complete promoter training to become certified. (Free!)
- Agree to the Principles of Couple to Couple League.
Ready to apply, start below!
The Couple to Couple League International, Inc.
5440 Moeller Avenue Suite 149
Cincinnati, OH 45212
Hours: 8:30 - 4:30 Eastern M-F