This is the manual for CCL’s Supplemental Class, which is a continuation of material presented in CCL’s main NFP series.
The Transitions Student Guide outlines fertility awareness during the postpartum and premenopause transitions. You will:
- Learn to recognize the hormonal changes in the transitions from pregnancy back to normal fertility cycles and from premenopause to menopause.
- Learn how to apply the rules and guidelines of NFP during the transition times.
- Understand the effects of the premenopause transition on fertility.
- Realize the benefits of exclusive breastfeeding for the first six months of your baby’s life, and continued breastfeeding thereafter until child-led weaning.
- Know all the various types of baby feeding and how each one affects the return of fertility.