Live Onsite Class
The Live Onsite class meets three times in a traditional classroom setting, usually at a church, school or hospital. Classes last approximately 2 hours each and are spaced one month apart to give you and your fiancé or spouse a chance to practice what you learn. That way you can come back to class with any questions or easily receive any extra help you may need.
CCL has certified teaching couples across the country; use our Register page to search for classes near you.
The Live Onsite class will benefit you particularly if:
- You and your fiancé live close to one another
- You appreciate the easy interaction that comes with having someone is physically in front of you teaching
- You would enjoy the camaraderie of other couples
- You like to get immediate answers to your questions
- You would like a closer relationship with your teaching couple
Live Online Class
The Live Online class brings you the same great NFP content as the Onsite class. You will meet your teaching couple and other students live online in a virtual classroom. This class meets three times, with a month between meetings to allow you and your fiancé or spouse to practice what you’ve learned. Meetings last around 2 hours and begin at a particular time. Don’t be late! Be sure to check the time zone when registering.
You can talk to your teaching couple through a chat feature in the virtual classroom, or use a webcam and microphone to enhance your experience. What you will need is high speed internet, speakers and Adobe flash player. After registering for a Live Online class, your teaching couple will e-mail you a link that allows you to join the class. Simply click it a few minutes before the class begins. Easy!
A Live Online class might be the best option for you if:
- You and your fiancé are currently living far apart—you can both take the class at the same time!
- You’re married and it’s hard to find a babysitter
- There are no Live Onsite classes offered in your area
- You like learning online, but would like to meet your teaching couple face to face
Self-paced Online Class
Learn NFP at your own pace, in your own home. With this option, the class is broken into short, video-based modules designed to give you a comprehensive learning experience. As a couple, you will watch the lessons and complete exercises similar to those in the Onsite or Online classes. Although, you will not have a teaching couple physically or virtually present, you will be connected with a teaching couple who will be available for any questions or help you may need. They will contact you via e-mail after you register for the class.
The Self-paced Online class might be the best option for you if:
- You or your fiancé/spouse has a varied work schedule and it would be difficult to attend classes in the evenings or on weekends
- There are no Live Onsite classes scheduled in your area
- All the Live Online classes happen to be full
- You prefer the flexibility to learn at your own pace
- The thought of learning about marital sexuality with other people—be it in person or online—is a little out of your comfort zone