Has NFP been a blessing to your marriage? Do you share our conviction that more couples need to know about NFP? CCL is looking for couples who can witness to the beauty and wisdom of practicing NFP and marital chastity. You will find that this special mission is very rewarding for you!
Many of our teaching couples tell us that teaching NFP together is a blessing for their marriage. The experience allows them to make a positive impact in the lives of other married, or soon-to-be married couples, all the while strengthening their own commitment to one another.
In their own words
To become a teaching couple for CCL you simply need to have:
- Previously taken CCL’s Main NFP series
- Access to the internet and an email account
- Agree to teach as a married couple
- Agree with the Principles of CCL
CCL’s training program
- CCL’s training program is online and consists of a series of courses comprised of readings, practical exercises and quizzes. These tests are “open book, open-note” and can be retaken until a passing score is achieved.
- There is no fee for the training.
- You complete the Teacher Training Program at your own pace. Some couples have completed the program in a few short months, while others have taken longer. The best strategy is to commit to completing a certain amount of courses in a given timeframe to assure your progression.
- During training you are assigned a Mentor Couple who will guide you and provide support, including as you teach your first class.
What topics does the training cover?
The training modules cover a wide range of information, including CCL’s NFP method, theology, breastfeeding, transition times, class management and presentation.
My spouse is not interested in teaching. Can I still get certified?
Because the witness of a teaching couple is such a vital part of CCL’s approach, we want both spouses to participate. We have made a few exceptions in certain situations, e.g., there are no other teaching couples in the area. If only one spouse is interested in volunteering, we encourage you to look into promoting.
Why is there no fee to become a teaching couple?
CCL Teaching Couples teach as volunteers, thus there is no fee for the League’s Teacher Training Program. Any materials necessary for the training program that you do not already have will be provided to you free of charge as well. We are grateful for the generosity of donors who make this possible.
How tech-savvy do we need to be to complete the program?
Not very! You just need internet access.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a teaching couple! First, be sure you agree with the Principles of CCL. If so fill out the Teaching Couple Application Form and then wait for us to process it (about 7-10 days).
Note: Please download the form before filling in fields. Once complete, save and email back to the Training Program.
Once your application has been reviewed and approved by the CCL Central office, you will receive detailed instructions on how to proceed.
If you have any questions after reading this information, please contact CCL Central at 800-745-8252.
We are excited for you to join the CCL family!