Do you want to do something satisfying and make an impact in your community? Has NFP been a blessing to your marriage? Do you share our conviction that more couples need to know about NFP? Become a teaching couple with CCL!
The only qualification needed is your desire to bring the good news of NFP to those around you. You don’t need medical skills; you don’t need to know what to say; you can even have a love/hate relationship with NFP. The training you receive will prepare you! Sign up now to become an NFP advocate with CCL and join a team of committed, inspiring people who share your passion of building up your faith, Church and community.
CCL is looking for couples who can witness to the beauty and wisdom of practicing NFP and marital chastity. You will find that this special mission is very rewarding for you!
Many of our teaching couples tell us that teaching NFP together is a blessing for their marriage. The experience of volunteering together allows them to make a positive impact in the lives of other married, or soon-to-be married couples, all the while strengthening their own commitment to one another.
In their own words
To become a teaching couple for CCL you simply need to have:
- Previously taken CCL’s Main NFP series
- Current membership with CCL
- Internet access and an email account
- Agree to teach as a married couple
- Agree with the Principles of CCL
CCL’s training program
- CCL’s training program is online and consists of 31 training modules comprised of readings, practical exercises and quizzes. These tests are “open book, open-note” and can be retaken until a passing score is achieved.
- CCL does not charge a fee to candidate teaching couples to go through the training program. However, CCL invests over $2,000 worth of time and resources for each couple who goes through the program. For this reason, we ask each applicant to be a current CCL member. We also ask for donations to cover training expenses.
- The teacher training program may be completed at your own pace within set time frames. For example, the teaching training program begins with a three-month trial period that has goals of logging into the system, completing the first five modules and completing the witness talk.
- Candidate teachers often make it through the training within six months, though it is possible to complete it sooner.
- After completing the trial period, candidate teaching couples are assigned a mentor couple who will guide you and provide support as you become more comfortable as a volunteer.
What topics does the training cover?
The training modules cover a wide range of information, including CCL’s NFP method, theology, breastfeeding, transition times, class management and presentation.
What is expected of teachers after training is completed?
CCL teaching couples are asked to teach at least two course series per year. Because many of our students opt to take the Self-paced Online Class, we ask teaching couples to be open to teaching Live Online courses if there is not a lot of local interest for onsite classes.
Building key relationships, advertising and promoting classes play a critical role in the success of a teaching couple’s ministry. It is often the case that teaching couples need to also promote their own classes and build up a support network to help them spread the good news of NFP.
My spouse is not interested in teaching. Can I still get certified?
Because the witness of a teaching couple is such a vital part of CCL’s approach, we want both spouses to participate. We have made a few exceptions in certain situations, e.g., there are no other teaching couples in the area. If only one spouse is interested in volunteering, we encourage you to look into promoting.
Why is there no fee to become a teaching couple?
CCL teaching couples teach as volunteers, thus there is no fee for the League’s teacher training program. Any materials necessary for the training program that you do not already have will be provided to you free of charge as well. As it costs the League $2,000 to train each teaching couple, we are grateful for the generosity of donors who make this possible. We also invite you to consider making a gift to CCL to help offset the cost of your training, or pray about also becoming a monthly donor. Even small monthly gifts make a difference to our shared mission and help us provide great support to our volunteers.
How does technology play a role in training?
All of our coursework is done with online software that is easy to navigate. Teachers will need to become familiar with CCL’s CycleProGo (CPG) charting app as many students use this app to communicate with their teachers. CCL provides a free CPG account to certified teaching couples.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a teaching couple! First, be sure you agree with the Principles of CCL. If so fill out the Teaching Couple Application Form. After we process your application (about 7-10 days), we will give you a call to go over other details in the program and to get to know you a little more.
Note: Please download the form before filling in fields. Once complete, save and email back to the Training Program.
If you have any questions after reading this information, please contact CCL Central at 800-745-8252.
We are looking forward to having you on our team!