We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate person who would like to join this ministry full-time in the role of Assistant to the Executive Director.
The Assistant to the Executive Director provides professional and confidential executive-level support to the Executive Director (ED), and on an ongoing basis, resolves diverse and complex administrative tasks.
- Administrative: Manage correspondence; coordinate action with appropriate constituencies; compose routine correspondence; review incoming/outgoing correspondence and determine proper distribution to staff; provide top level administrative support including word processing and dictation; compose memos and reports for ED signature; screen and prioritize calls; schedule phone meetings with constituents; create staff and leadership team meeting agendas and meeting minutes. Coordinate special assignments and perform other ad hoc duties as assigned.
- Relationship management: Establish and maintain working relationships with staff, officials, constituents and the general public.
- Travel management: Manage ED’s business, personal and travel calendars to include meeting schedules, airline and hotel reservations and ground transportation.
- Event management: Arrange and manage meetings and attend events as requested; biannual coordination of Board of Directors meetings; plan and coordinate visits of distinguished guests invited by the ED.
- Data collection and information reporting: Coordinate with staff for the collection, preparation and distribution of information and materials requested by the ED; obtain background information on emerging issues raised to the executive office.
- Communication: Proactively assist ED with timely management of all communication (written, telephone and email); compose letters and statements independently and monitor follow-up; screen and prioritize telephone calls.
- Highly skilled and competent in MS Office and database management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of professional initiative and independence in supporting the ED’s office on a wide variety of complex issues
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proven ability to independently take appropriate action and make sound decisions within scope of authority
- Ability to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with all constituencies
- Ability to handle non-routine matters and special projects with minimal instruction
- Fidelity and commitment to the teachings of the Catholic Church and Theology of the Body
- Passionate about CCL’s mission and NFP
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or equivalent experience
- Fluent in Spanish a plus
Travel and Location
- Ability to travel as needed for meetings and conferences
- Travel required is estimated to be up to 10%
- Location is Cincinnati, Ohio
If you have the skills and desire to join CCL’s vital ministry of supporting marriage and NFP, email a letter and resume to Emma Golias at email@example.com.