Just a year ago we announced the arrival of Justin De Moss as CCL’s first Director of Development. Sadly, Justin informed us in January that he was moving to EWTN to assume a development role for them on the West Coast effective yesterday, February 1. While Justin and his wife, Mary Louise, are fully committed to CCL’s mission, in Justin’s words, it was an opportunity he simply could not pass up. Justin did an amazing amount of work for us in just one year, and we are eager to find an enthusiastic, committed and qualified candidate to help keep CCL moving its mission forward.
Please share this with anyone who might be a perfect fit for CCL!
The Development Director will be responsible for developing and implementing the development strategy for the Couple to Couple League. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Development Director will be responsible for achieving the organization’s fundraising goals and engaging donors in ongoing cultivation and integration with the mission of the organization.
- Create and implement annual development plan and strategy based on the financial goals of CCL
- Create and implement new funding initiatives necessary to help build CCL’s development infrastructure, including programs such as Annual Fund, Planned Giving and Donor Cultivation Events
- Lead and manage CCL’s overall development efforts to raise at least 1.0 million dollars annually
- Train and lead other staff to support fundraising and marketing efforts
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with current and potential individual and foundation donors
- Research grant/foundation possibilities and write grant proposals and reports to corporate and foundation funders
- Develop and grow our individual donor base; manage direct mail & annual giving campaigns; cultivate major gifts
- Work with the Board of Directors and the Executive Director to identity and cultivate major gift prospects
- Work with other staff to develop and implement comprehensive marketing and public relations strategy to support development efforts
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent prior experience.
- 5-10 years of development and fund raising experience within the Catholic non-profit community in the United States
- Proven track record of achieving revenue targets and/or a quota of over $1M annually
- Proven management and leadership capabilities
- High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail; high degree of initiative
- Strong verbal communication skills, demonstrated ability to write persuasively
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and a thorough understanding of strategic development
- Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, and manage new donors within the Catholic space
- Good computer skills and experience with donor database software implementation and utilization
- Expressed fidelity and commitment to the teachings of the Catholic Church and the Culture of Life
- Commensurate with experience and knowledge of the Catholic space
- Full benefits package
- 10 days annual vacation in addition to 14 recognized company holidays
Send Resumes/Direct inquiries to:
Kate Sell, email@example.com